Wednesday 5 October 2016

Meet The Trainees - Sean O'Briain


Hi my name is Seán, I am 16 years old and I am from Dublin.
I have been riding horses for the past 8 or 9 years.  It was always my ambition to become a Jockey and just over 4 years ago I rang up a local Trainer named Adrian McGuinness and he gave me a summer job.  I was in Adrian’s for 3 years and I left when I came to RACE as I didn’t think I would have the time, but I did.  So instead of going back to the same yard I thought I would go to a different yard and that yard was John McConnell’s. I was there for a few months and I enjoyed every minute of it.
 I was sent out to John Oxx’s yard on work experience with RACE and I have learned so much in my time there and I have met some very nice people and learned a lot from them. 
I am riding out in Noel Meade’s at the moment on the weekends and I will be starting there full time when I’ve finished in RACE and I will be hoping to take out a Conditional License with him.
Sean (nearside) heading out on Maddenstown Gallops for Training

No comments:

Post a Comment