Wednesday 5 October 2016

Meet The Trainees - Connor Casey

My name is Connor Casey I’m 16 years old. I am from Nurney, Co Kildare.

I came here (to RACE) because I wanted to become a Jockey. I love horses and hate school and I have always wanted to be a Jockey. I like to ride horses and to school them.
I grew up with my Uncle’s horses and I worked on his yard. I started riding when I was 10 years old and I did a lot of hunting. Since then I’ve been working on my Uncle’s yard and I still ride out his hunters at the weekend. My cousin is a Jockey in England and a lot of my family are involved in the racing industry.

My first week in D.K. Weld’s yard was difficult but I found my way and got experience. I got to ride horses by some of the top sires from all over the world.
Since I’ve come here I’ve made lots of friends and since being in RACE I’ve met lots of people who are part of the Racing Industry and I’m hoping that they will help me further my career as a Jockey. I would love to become a Professional Jockey in Ireland but would be willing to travel anywhere in the world.
Conor schooling on RACE Gallops

No comments:

Post a Comment