Monday 9 March 2015

Meet the trainees - David O'Brien

I live in Ballincollig in co cork. I became involved with horses when my Dad brought me to hunt and to points to point meetings. I rode my Dad’s friends pony for a season of hunting before buying my own pony which I hunted and pony raced for two seasons.

I gained huge experience before I rode out in John J Murphy’s on weekends and holidays and then started working full time during the summer of 2014. I learn loads in John Murphy’s, such as riding different types of horses such as flat and national hunt. I also learned to jump out of stalls.

I came to RACE in September after a week’s trail where I was accepted for a place on the course.  I was down in the RACE barn for the start of the course and learned to be more stylish as a rider and I learned about horse welfare.

 I was sent out in the first group on work placement. I was sent out to Michael D O Callaghan where I am enjoying myself and learning lots!

RACE Gallops 

Training on Maddenstown Gallops

No comments:

Post a Comment