Saturday 14 March 2015

Meet the trainees - Daryl Ralph

My name is Daryl Ralph im 18 years old and from Dublin.  I've always had an interest in horses, since a young age I use to ride bareback. 

I got in interest in racing when I was about 16 when I was in my house and my granddad was watching  ‘At The Races’, I new then that I wanted to be a National Hunt Jockey.  I’m in RACE since September but only back riding since Christmas as I had a fall on the third day that we started.  I enjoy RACE it’s a good laugh with everyone. 

I did weekend work with pre-trainer Richard Brabazon and he helped me improve my riding. A few of the workers out there came through RACE and were telling me about it so I applied, did my 1 week trial and was delighted to get accepted.

My favourite jockey is Paul Carberry. I hope to be as good as him one day!



Training on the Curragh March

No comments:

Post a Comment