Monday 8 July 2019

Meet the Trainees - Conor Ryan

Hi, my name is Conor Ryan and I’m from Tipperary. I am 18 years old and I have always been interested in horses from a young age. I started pony lessons in 2005, then in 2009 I got my own pony and I started going hunting and doing cross country. I always loved watching jump racing on the tv and I enjoy taking part in hunter trials.
I applied for RACE and then went up for a trial week. We worked hard for the week, but it was worth it when I an acceptance letter in the post, I was delighted. Since the start of the course in September, I have schooled over the chase fences and hurdles, we also jumped out of the starting stalls and went across to Maddenstown gallop.  In the afternoons we go to class for business calculations, IT and communications.   
I was sent out on yard placement in January to Aidan Howards yard.  Each morning I start riding out once I arrive at the yard and I usually get 5 to 6 lots out every day.  I’m really enjoying my time there and everyone is so helpful. I’m learning loads every morning. Tuesday and Friday, we ride 3 lots on the Curragh at the “big sand” with different jockeys. I also really enjoy riding at the old Vic on the Saturdays when I stay back to work.   
I am looking forward to graduating in June and I hope to get my National Hunt licence in due course. 

 Conor was placed with Aidan Howard on the 14th of January 2019.


On Maddenstown Gallops

No comments:

Post a Comment