Friday 20 July 2018

Meet the trainees - Darragh Keogh


Hi! My name is Darragh Keogh but everyone calls me ‘Fish’. I am 16 years old. I am from a small place that not many people have heard of called Kilberry in County Kildare, it is only a 20 minutes’ drive from RACE. I have a great interest in horses and the Racing Industry. I have worked with horses since I was about 12 years old and I am from a hunting background. I have worked with trainer Maurice Phelan since 2016 and I have learned a lot there before coming to RACE in August 2017.

For work placement, I was sent out to Dermot Welds top yard by. I was in Rosewell for a few days before I was sent to the bottom yard and loved it there. I am now in the bottom yard in Rathbride, riding yearlings, two-year olds and older horses. I love it there and I have gained plenty of experience and plenty of advice from Amateur, Flat, National Hunt Jockeys both retired and currently licensed, such as Derek McCormack and Tommy Tracey.

When I finish the course at RACE, I hope to move on to a National Hunt yard and take out a Conditional Licence.

Darragh was placed with Dermot Weld on the 20th of November 2017


First week of course

No comments:

Post a Comment