Friday 11 August 2017

Meet the trainees - David Hudson

David training on RACE Gallops in September 2016

My name is David Henry Hudson. I am 17 years old and I’m from Wicklow. I live on dairy farm, we have over 120 cows and I have my tractor license. My Mum and Dad used to ride. I started riding when I was 4 or 5 year old. When I was 13 years old I started hunting and I loved it!

I came up on an open day in RACE and I liked it.  I applied for the week trial and I got a place on the trial. I enjoyed the week. I got a letter in the post that said that I got a place on the course.  I was so happy!

I am still down in the RACE barn. I ride out 3 or 4 horses and we go to the Curragh and Maddenstown Gallops most days and I ride the majority of horse types down the barn, varying from the easy to difficult horses.  I really enjoy working with Racehorses and always wanted to become a Jockey ever since I was little and now I am half way there to making my dream career come true.  
At the time of writing this, I am still waiting on my work placement and excited to see where I will be placed and get to experience at first-hand what it’s like to ride in a proper racing yard with a good trainer and learn new skills and techniques to improve myself to the best that I can and make a national hunt jockey in the future. I would like to follow my idol, Ruby Walsh and start on the path of my career. From the help here at RACE I think I have the ability and with encouragement I will get to where I want to be in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment