Wednesday 17 August 2016

Meet The Trainees - Killian Gallagher

My name is Killian, I am 17 years old. I’m from Strabane in CoTyrone. Horses have always been part of my life and I’ve always wanted to be a Jockey, as I was hoping to follow in the footsteps of my uncle Pat Gallagher who had been a Jockey and has pursued a training career in America.
I finished school and one of my friends had been telling me that he was going to RACE so I started to research more about the course. When I left school I had the choice to go straight to a Trainer or go to RACE. So I decided to go to the trial and I got accepted.

I knew a lot about racehorses and race riding before I came here from pony racing but there was also a lot I didn’t know. Since I have came to RACE It has helped me improve my riding dramatically as I have a better position on a horse and I am a lot stronger now than I was before.
I am hoping to stay on as a senior in RACE as I am in a really good position in Tracey Collins yard and I am hoping to sign on as her Apprentice after the course.

Killian (far side) out on Maddenstown Gallops

No comments:

Post a Comment