Wednesday 18 February 2015

Meet the trainees - Peter Coleman

I celebrated my birthday in June 2014, I am 16 years old and I am from Dundalk Co.Louth.

I didn't have much experience with horses to date but as a kid I followed a lot of racing on TV. Since I was about 10 years of age I always wanted to be a jockey. Even though my family is not involved in racing my Dad always had a big interest in horses.
I first sat on a racehorse at the age on 14. Ever since I first sat up on a horse I loved it and all I had in my mind was to be a jockey.
I always new about RACE and was always planning to go when I finished my Junior Cert and had turned 16. My teachers told me about RACE also.

I started in RACE on the 1st of September and I was very nervous but excited but to be starting in RACE.

I love it here in  and I am looking forward to the future now.

Heading out to Maddenstown Gallops earlier in the year

Peter training on the Curragh

No comments:

Post a Comment